Login  -   Register  -   FAQ  -   Search
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:43 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: muscles feel cold...why is this?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:48 pm 

I tried my first speed workout not too long ago, and it was a warm sunny day. When I was done, my muscles felt cold, to the point where I was shivering!! Anyone know what causes this? I mean, more of an explanation than overworking the muscles or something. Anyone know how to avoid it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 6:11 pm 

Gee i don't know but if u'd want me to i'll ask my coach and get back to, my thoughts are that it has been too long but hey thats my guess

Post subject: Re: muscles feel cold...why is this?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:10 pm 

[quote="kdigggs"]I tried my first speed workout not too long ago, and it was a warm sunny day. When I was done, my muscles felt cold, to the point where I was shivering!! Anyone know what causes this? I mean, more of an explanation than overworking the muscles or something. Anyone know how to avoid it?[/quote]

I personally don't think it's got anything to do with muscles, but more a central nervous system thing. Basically when you've done a really hard session, your nervous system is fried, hence the feeling cold sensation. It is a lot more complicated than that, but that's it in a nutshell...

Post subject: thanks
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:45 pm 

wow, that idea about the central nervous system sounds a little scary!! I'll have to do some research!

Post subject: Re: thanks
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:12 pm 

[quote="kdigggs"]wow, that idea about the central nervous system sounds a little scary!! I'll have to do some research![/quote]

It's nothing serious to worry about. It's just a way of your body telling you you've done enough for that particular session!! I bet the following morning you feel pretty tired when your muscles feel cold???